Cruciferous vegetables are packed with fiber, vitamins and phytochemicals essential to fighting disease. They may also lower your risk of cancer, reduce oxidative stress, and protect against cardiovascular disease. Plus, they’re delicious in this incredibly easy salad recipe!
Ready in 20 minutes
Serves 4 people or more
- ½ head organic broccoli, chopped
- ½ head organic cabbage, sliced
- 2 large organic carrots, shredded
- ½ head organic cauliflower, chopped
- 3-4 leaves organic collard greens, stemmed
- 1 large bunch organic kale, stemmed
- 1 large organic avocado, peeled and pitted
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp water
- Chopped garlic, salt, cayenne pepper to taste
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large salad serving bowl. Toss to combine.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend together until smooth.
- Toss salad vegetables with salad dressing. Serve immediately.