This recipe was featured in one of our recent boxes along with a bag of roasted and shelled chestnuts. It’s easy to make this recipe vegan / vegetarian! Eliminate the bacon and replace the butter with organic coconut oil. Enjoy.
Ready in 30 minutes
Serves 6 people
- 1 lb. fresh, organic Brussels sprouts
- 6 strips nitrate-free, uncured bacon
- 3 oz chestnuts, roasted and shelled
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp organic, salted butter, melted
- Salt, Pepper + Other Herbs of Choice to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook bacon in pan to desired crispness.
- Prepare Brussels sprouts. Rinse, drain and cut each sprout in half.
- Combine sprouts, garlic and butter. Mix together prepared sprouts, minced garlic and 2 tbsp of the melted butter in a bowl until sprouts are coated. Spread coated sprouts on baking sheet, taking care to place them in an even layer on the sheet.
- Bake sprouts in pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, coat the chestnuts in the remaining 1 tbsp of melted butter. Add coated chestnuts to the baking sheet. Bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven. Allow to cool slightly.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and herbs. Serve warm.